Most American's have "health" somewhere on their list of New Year's resolutions. The start of a new year provides an opportunity for a new beginning and the chance to start healthy new habits: eating well, getting enough sleep, exercising, and maintaining a healthy home.
One aspect of "maintaining a healthy home" that some people overlook is maintaining healthy carpet, rugs and floors. Deep cleaning your carpet is more important than you might think. Think about how much time you and your family spend in your home on the floor – playing games, sitting in front of the fire, perhaps you have a baby learning to crawl.
Then think about the dirt absorbed within your carpets, rugs, and upholstery. It is a common misconception that only visibly dirty carpets should be deep cleaned, but here are some dirty secrets your carpet isn't showing you:
- A carpet that appears clean can hide as much as a pound of dirt per square yard.
- The carpet in your home could be seven times dirtier than a city street.
- 2,000 dust mites can live on one ounce of carpet dust.
- 80 percent of the dirt in your house walks in through the door on people's feet.
- Some of the most common airborne particles can bury themselves in your carpets, causing your family to sniffle and sneeze.
Ok- I think you get the point. Our carpets can get gross! That's why the EPA recommends deep cleaning your carpets roughly every six months depending on usage.
Chem-Dry's unique approach to carpet cleaning uses the deep-cleaning power of carbonation to release and lift dirt to the surface of your carpet so it can be easily removed without gallons of soapy water or any detergents. Chem-Dry uses a green-certified cleaning solution that's safe for your family and pets. And because our process uses 80% less water than typical steam cleaning, your carpets will be dry in 1-2 hours, not 1-2 days.