Chem-Dry Green Certified
Promoting a healthy household and a sustainable environment is at the forefront of what we do at Chem-Dry – from our proprietary low-moisture Hot Carbonating Extraction cleaning process to our Chem-Dry Green Certified solutions. We know many households are on the lookout for a green carpet cleaner that can deliver fantastic results. It is our goal to offer customers a safer, healthier option when it comes to professional carpet and upholstery cleaning.
That’s why we have created the Chem-Dry Green Certified program. Through this internal certification process, we evaluate each of our products and assess them against strict qualifications. When you see this emblem, you can trust that the cleaning solution is:
Safe for humans*
Safe for animals*
Safe for aquatic life*
Meets clean air requirements*
Choose a Green Carpet Cleaner for Peace of Mind
Rather than using the harsh chemicals that other carpet cleaners often rely on, Chem-Dry prefers to use a solution that is copied from Mother Nature. At the heart of our carpet cleaning process is our core cleaner, The Natural, one of the purest cleaning solutions available.
The Natural contains no soaps, solvents, enzymes, detergents, or fragrances, and all of its ingredients are on the FDA’s G.R.A.S. (Generally Recognized as Safe) list. Most importantly, it’s gentle enough to be used around children and pets.
Additional Chem-Dry Green Certified Products
In addition to our core cleaner The Natural, we’ve been able to certify over 40 additional products through our Chem-Dry Green Certified program including:
Pet Odor Remover
Area Rug Cleaner
Wood Floor Cleaner
World Famous Spot Remover
Traffic Lane Pre-Spray
Dust Mite Anti-Allergen
Leather and Vinyl Protector
2 Carpet Deodorizers
*Testing Criteria for Chem-Dry Green Certification
Health, Toxicity, and Safety
- Oral toxicity: LD 50>5000 mg/kg of body weight
- Dermal toxicity: LD 50>5000 mg/kg of body weight
- Inhalation toxicity: LC 50>20 mb/L or 20ppm
- Carcinogenicity: Products will not be recognized as a carcinogen or be listed by IAR, NTP, of CA Prop 65
Protection of Aquatic Life
- Aquatic toxicity: L/E/IC50=1-10 ppm then biodegradation must occur within a 10-day window
- Aquatic toxicity: L/E/IC50=10-100 ppm then biodegradation must occur within a 28-day window
- Aquatic toxicity: L/E/IC50=100 ppm then biodegradation need not occur within a 20-day window if no products of concern and half-life is <180 days. (Note: If product is an aquatic toxicant, then it must biodegrade rapidly and not be bioaccumulative.)
- Alkyphenol ethoxylates: No product will contain alkyphenol ethoxylates because these materials may be harmful to aquatic life.
- Inorganic phosphates: No product will contain inorganic phosphates because these materials may be harmful to aquatic life.
Safety for Materials Contacted
- pH requirement: The pH of the use solution of the product will be between 3-10.
Clean Air Requirements
- VOC: The use solutions must contain less than 100g/L VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)