Whether they are dribbles or disasters, food and beverage stains are part of everybody's life. However, you don't have to be stuck with them forever.
Read through our tips and suggestions below to learn how best to rid your carpet of the worst stains using our Chem-Dry Stain Remover products for water-based stains and grease and oil stains.
If your carpet has been treated with our Chem-Dry Protectant, then you already have a huge advantage in removing stains.
Please note difficult stains may require a Specialty Stain Removal analysis from your local Chem-Dry carpet and upholstery cleaning professional.
7 Tips for Removing Stains in Your Home
- Act Quickly - The longer the stain is allowed to remain, the more chance it has to set.
- Know what kind of stain you are working on as well as the type of fabric or surface it is on so you can choose the best product. View the list below to see which product to use for water or oil based stains.
- Remove as much excess stain as you can by blotting, scraping or brushing whatever will come off. DO NOT rub it in.
- Test all fabrics and carpets before cleaning by spraying a small amount of Chem-Dry Professional Strength Spot Remover or Chem-Dry Grease & Oil Remover on a hidden area, blot dry and observe for 10 minutes. Make sure there is not carpet color removal onto the cloth and that, when dry, there is not a visible discoloration in the area you cleaned.
- Work from the outside edge of the stain to the inside to keep the stain from spreading.
- Call Chem-Dry for expert spot & stain removal if these efforts do not work.
- Have a Chem-Dry Professional apply our Powerguard Protector with every cleaning to give you the best chance for removing stains.
Understand the Difference
Water Based Stains: Use Chem-Dry Professional Strength Spot Remover
|*Beetroot||*Food Coloring||*Soy Sauce|
|Lard||*Curry||Latex Paint (wet)|
Oil Based Stains: Use Chem-Dry Grease & Oil Remover
|Adhesive Tape||Hand Lotion||Ointment|
|Rubber Cement||Crayon||Machine Oil|
|Shoe Polish||Dressing (salad)||Make-Up|
|Hair Oil||*Nail Polish|