Increased action and high amounts of activity during the busy, hectic holiday season can change a pet’s normal routine and increase their stress level. For an animal that is used to following a certain routine, the holidays can become a very stressful time.
Unfortunately for homeowners, one of the first symptoms of a “stressed-out” pet often is having an accident indoors. With the countless stains and messes that come with holiday entertaining, the last thing pet owners want or need is a pet stain to clean up and the lingering odor that comes with it.
The experts at Chem-Dry recommend the following steps for pet lovers to ensure a joyful and accident-free holiday season with their furry companions:
- Create a safe space for pets away from the crowd that includes toys, a bed and other familiar items like food and a water bowl to help decrease anxiety.
- Stick to a familiar schedule and limit the amount of changes pets are exposed to by taking walks and feeding them at the regular times.
- Pet-proof the home by keeping holiday decorations, electrical cords, food, alcoholic beverages, and holiday plants out of reach to avoid stressful trips to the vet.
When accidents do occur, it is vital to act quickly to remove the stains. The experts at Chem-Dry recommend the following remedies for removing pet urine and odor to preserve both carpets and home health.
- Chem-Dry Pet Odor Remover. For improved results over home remedies, try Chem-Dry’s Pet Odor Remover, which eliminates fresh pet urine odors and stains at the source. You can buy at our online store at www.chemdry.com/store
- Professional cleaning. For older or severe pet urine issues, you can contact the professionals at Chem-Dry to come into your home and provide their revolutionary P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment) service to eliminate pet urine odors and stains right at the source. One of Chem-Dry’s areas of specialty is dealing with pet accidents in the home. Our proprietary P.U.R.T. product is specifically designed to blast the urine crystals out at the base of the carpet getting rid of the smell for good. Find a Chem-Dry cleaner in your area.