Should I Pay for Professional Carpet Cleaning?
April 13, 2022
Many homeowners shy away from professional carpet cleaning, assuming it is an unessential task that doesn’t have a place in their budget. However, the benefits of professional carpet cleaning certainly outweigh the costs. This is in part because professional cleaners can:
- Help extend your carpet’s life
- Offer a deeper clean than you could ever achieve with DIY methods
- Make your home a more comfortable place to live
At Chem-Dry, we understand that homeowners often forget about cleaning their carpets. After all, when it’s constantly underfoot, your carpet follows along with the old adage “out of sight, out of mind.” Moreover, since your carpet gradually becomes dirtier and dirtier over time, you may not even realize the difference that cleaning it could make.
Of course, these perceptions don’t change the reality that your carpet requires regular cleaning. Understanding a cost-benefit analysis of carpet cleaning can help you make the decision to invest in this professional service for the benefit of your family’s comfort and your wallet.
Understanding the Cost-Benefit Analysis of Professional Carpet Cleaning
There’s one fact about your carpet that can be difficult to swallow: if you don’t clean it regularly, you could be inflicting permanent damage upon it. Like any investment in your home, from your furniture to your appliances, your carpet requires regular maintenance to look and perform its best. Avoiding this step could cut years off of your carpet’s lifespan.
Professionals Can Bring Your Carpet Back to Life
Without professional cleaning, which goes in-depth to reach the dirt and grime located near your carpet’s backing, the carpet will show visible signs of dirt and wear. These telltale signs may not be noticeable to the naked eye, but you might be able to smell them. Nothing says it’s well past time to clean your carpet like a dusty, musty smell permeating your home or the odor of pet accidents whose residues were not properly removed from the carpet.
Professionals Can Extend Your Carpet’s Lifespan
In addition to eventually looking and smelling unappealing, a carpet that isn’t professionally cleaned is likely to break down faster than a carpet that is cared for by a professional cleaning company. There are a few reasons for this. One is that professionals know how to remove embedded dirt and grime that can be near impossible for homeowners to wash away without access to professional equipment.
Another is that professionals know how to clean carpets in a gentle but effective manner that won’t damage their delicate fibers. When carpets are vigorously rubbed or soaked with water and detergents, they can suffer irreparable damage that eventually necessitates replacement.
Professionals Can Help You Maintain Your Carpet’s Warranty
Many carpet manufacturers offer warranties that give consumers peace of mind when investing in a new carpet. However, in many cases these warranties are only valid if the carpet is properly maintained. Some manufacturers require proof that the carpet has been cared for in line with their specific instructions. These instructions often include professional cleaning on a set schedule. As a result, professional carpet cleaning can protect your carpet as well as its warranty.
The Risks of Opting Not to Pay for Professional Carpet Cleaning
Choosing to invest in professional cleaning doesn’t only offer a number of benefits for homeowners. It also prevents a number of negative consequences. Here are some of the costs associated with not calling on professionals to clean your carpet:
- The need for an untimely replacement. As your carpet becomes compacted with dust and dirt, its fibers will weaken, leaving them vulnerable to damage and initiating early shedding. The cost of replacing your carpet entirely is significantly higher than investing in preventative care.
- Irritating allergy issues. The dust and pet dander in your carpet can trigger uncomfortable allergies that could easily be prevented. The Chem-Dry Hot Carbonating Extraction process removes a significant amount of common non-living allergens like pet dander and dust mite matter*. As a result, choosing professional cleaning can be an important step for those who suffer from indoor allergies making the investment well worth the cost.
- A less attractive home environment. Your home should be a comfortable space in which you can fully relax. Carpet stains and evidence of traffic patterns are distracting and can keep your home from becoming the oasis you once hoped for.
- Negative impact on quality of life. When your carpets are dirty, stained, or showing wear, you may find that you’re less willing to invite friends and family over due to discomfort about how your carpet looks. While this doesn’t add up to a financial cost, it can definitely impact your quality of life.
Learn more about the benefits of investing in professional carpet cleaning today! Connect with a Chem-Dry technician in your local area by calling (800) CHEM-DRY.