Harris Research, Inc.(HRI), the parent company of Chem-Dry, recently conducted a large consumer research study to discover the motivations behind our home cleaning habits. This study included almost 700 participants from across the U.S. between the ages of 18 - 55.
Some highlights from the consumer research study include:
- For women ages 25-34, health reasons topped the list of motivating factors for cleaning the home.
- Spring was the biggest season for allergy and asthma issues according to most respondents.
- 8 out of 10 respondents believe that cleaning the home is one effective way to remove allergens and alleviate symptoms. When asked what part of the home they focus on most to remove allergens, the number one response was carpets, rugs, tile and other flooring.
Additionally, HRI commissioned an independent laboratory study to determine the effectiveness and healthfulness of Chem-Dry's cleaning services.
Some highlights from the home health lab study include:
- Chem-Dry’s proprietary Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) cleaning process removes an average of 98% of non-living allergens* from carpets and upholstery, dramatically improving indoor air quality. The allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite matter.
- Chem-Dry’s Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.) removes an average of 99.9% of pet urine odors.
Check out the latest press release below for more insights behind what motivates us to clean our homes during the Spring months and details the results of the independent laboratory study.
*Based on results from a study conducted by an independent laboratory using the Chem-Dry Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite matter. Figures are an average across multiple homes.