Proper carpet care is an essential component to ensuring a healthy home. Stains and worn traffic areas can disappoint potential buyers and new homeowners alike. Follow these simple steps for ensuring clean carpets:
- Vacuum carpets three times a week.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned annually with a hot water extraction method to ensure warranty compliance. For high traffic areas and extra dirty areas, a more regular routine may be required.
- Quickly remove spots before they become stains. When possible, use a suction or extraction tool in addition to blotting. Groom over any cleaned areas with a towel to lift the carpet pile for a more uniform look. For tough spots and stains, contact a Chem-Dry cleaning specialist.
When you’re moving into a new home it’s important to give your carpet one healthy, thorough clean before unpacking. Professional carpet cleaning services clean deep below the surface giving you a fresh start in your new home. The following simple tips can help you choose the right cleaning service for you:
- Schedule your carpet cleaning service in advance of moving in, allowing enough time for your carpets to completely dry. Chem-Dry’s hot carbonating extraction cleaning meets major carpet manufacturers’ warranty requirements while providing a deep clean. And while many steam cleaning methods can take 1-2 days to dry, carpets cleaned by Chem-Dry dry in only 1-2 hours, so you can move into your home quicker.
- Make sure to choose a professional carpet cleaner who has experience in working with a variety of carpets when it comes to stain removal. You can trust your local Chem-Dry technician to remove or minimize stains to enhance the look of your carpet. ‘If we can’t get the stain out, no one can.’
- Remove any pet odors with Chem-Dry’s professional P.U.R.T.® service. This revolutionary system breaks down the odor at its source to remove the pet smell.
Selling Your Home
Whether you’re buying or selling a home, your carpets are a vital part of the process. Having your carpets professionally cleaned is an easy, cost effective way to give your house a facelift before showing prospective buyers. A newly cleaned area rug can work as an excellent staging tool when properly placed in a room. Be sure to remove any stain areas with a professional Chem-Dry stain removal treatment to give your house its best appearance.