Add a Tracking Number to Local Search
If you want to track phone calls coming in through your Local Search program, you now can do so without negatively impacting your search results for your main website which can happen if your phone numbers don't match across the web. We have enabled "Dynamic Number Insertion" (DNI) on Chemdry.com for Core and Premium users. With DNI a franchise's regular phone number remains "hard coded" into the chemdry.com website -- which is what search engines see, thus not impacting their SEO -- but a virtual trackable number displays to the consumer.
Franchise owners who want to track their phone calls from Local Search will need to sign up with a 3rd party provider by the name of Call Tracking Metrics. This is the only approved vendor for this program. They have several pricing plans to choose from that start at $3/month per line + $.05 per minute, so you can choose the plan that works best for your business.
Setting up Call Tracking Through Dynamic Number Insertion
Please follow the simple 2-step process outlined below to set up DNI with your Local Search. You will set up an account with Call Tracking Metrics and then go through WMS to implement it. You cannot just call your FA rep and have them add a tracking number to your account because that will hurt your SEO.
Step 1: Sign up for a Call Tracking Metrics account and choose a tracking number:
- Visit http://calltrackingmetrics.com/ to set up your account
- Go to Pricing & Sign up tab
- Choose a plan & sign up - minimum plan is $3/month per line + $.05 per minute
- It is recommended to set up your account and enter a credit card number for billing before proceeding to the next step of choosing a local phone number. You can cancel, upgrade or downgrade your account with Call Tracking Metrics at any time.
- Once you have entered your credit card information, complete the selection process for choosing a tracking number:
- Under the Numbers tab, click "Buy Number", enter your area code and click search, which will display a list of numbers in that area for you to choose from for the dynamic number that will be displayed to the customer.
- Click "add" to go to the next step.
- Next, it will ask you what you want to track YOU MUST CHOOSE WEBSITE - scroll down in the list and choose website (it is the last item in the list)
- Provide the receiving phone number (where do you want the calls routed to?)
- Provide the target number – this is the number that you are currently displaying on your Local Search directory listing that you want swapped out. In most cases the target number and receiving number will be the same.
- If you have issues with signing up, please call Call Tracking Metrics directly at 800-577-1872 and they can walk you through the sign up process.
Step 2: Send the following three (3) items to Marisa.Cropper@hrisupport.com at WMS:
- Tracking code: There will be a tab in your account that says "get tracking code". Additionally, you will also receive an email from Call Tracking Metrics once you select a tracking number that will contain a direct link to get the code needed to implement your tracking number. This is a single line of code text (see sample image below). Simply copy that code into an email and send to Marisa.Cropper@hrisupport.com along with items #2 and #3 below and we will take care of implementing it.
- Tracking number chosen: Tell us the dynamic phone number you chose to display to the customer
- Receiving number: Tell us the Receiving phone number (where the call should be routed to)
Send the above three (3) items to Marisa.Cropper@hrisupport.com in WMS and it will be implemented within 48 hours. A member of WMS will email you once the dynamic number is live on your Local Search Program.
Here is an example of the code you are looking for to send to WMS: