Chem-Dry Offers Solutions to Handle Holiday Mishaps Like a Pro, Keeping Homes Merry and Bright
Nashville, TN - While the holiday season should come with feelings of warmth and joy, many people find 'the most wonderful time of the year' to be stressful and hectic. Between all of the extra parties, shopping, baking, cleaning, and entertaining, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and lose sight of the real meaning of the holidays. In a recent study conducted by the American Psychological Association, more than 80 percent of Americans experience a heightened sense of stress during the holidays. Additional research found that 81 percent of women believe cleaning is the most stressful component of hosting a holiday gathering.
Unpleasant holiday stains are common when it comes to entertaining family and friends. With the increased amount of foot traffic, keeping carpets soil and stain-free can be a difficult task. With over 35 years of experience in resolving carpet, rug and upholstery cleaning crises, Chem-Dry, the world's largest carpet and upholstery cleaning company, has made it their duty to prepare families to deal with unexpected holiday stains and messes.
"Our goal is to help ease holiday stress so consumers can enjoy time with their family and friends, rather than worry about their carpets or upholstery," said Dan Tarantin, CEO of Chem-Dry. "At Chem-Dry, we understand the pleasure and relief people feel when they know their homes are truly clean and healthy. By offering top quality products and cleaning tips to resolve the most common holiday stains, they can ensure a joyful, healthful and stain-free season."
Tarantin offers the following home remedies to help families maintain their healthy carpets and minimize stains over the holidays:
• Place holiday-inspired doormats in each entryway and other high-traffic areas to protect carpets from unnecessary wear and tear. Not only will the themed mats capture guest's attention, but they will also encourage guests to wipe their feet before they enter each room.
• Act quickly to remove unexpected stains. Blot the area using a terry cloth or paper towel with cold water or club soda to soak up as much liquid as possible - DO NOT RUB. It is essential to dilute the stain immediately. Avoid using an excessive amount of water, which can cause the stain to sink deeper into the carpet pad, making it more difficult to remove.
• The next step is to pre-treat the area with the following home solutions:
- For non-greasy spills, sponge with a solution made of one teaspoon liquid detergent to one cup water.
- For greasy spills, sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch on the stain. Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes and then vacuum. Next, sponge with a solution made of one tablespoon liquid hand dishwashing detergent and one tablespoon white vinegar with two cups of warm water. Blot until the liquid is absorbed. Lastly, sponge with cold water and blot dry to remove the vinegar solution.
- For pet stains, sponge freely with cold water. Apply a solution made of three tablespoons white vinegar to one quart water.
- For red wine spills, use white wine, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda or club soda to neutralize the stain. Pour the neutralizer over the wine stain and use a clean towel to begin blotting up the liquid. Dampen a sponge with cold water and blot it on the stain. Next, shake salt onto the stain to help deter the wine from setting into the carpet. Keep applying salt until it no longer absorbs the wine. After this, add another layer of salt, cover the area with a layer of paper towels, place a heavy object on top and allow it to sit overnight. Remove the paper towels the following morning and vacuum the area.
• When applying spot remover or homemade solution, start from the outside edge of the spill and work in a spiral toward the center to prevent it from spreading. Work the spotter into the spill using a spoon to prevent damage to carpet fibers.
For holiday stains that are too stubborn for home remedies, consumers can call the experts at Chem-Dry to schedule a professional cleaning. Chem-Dry uses a green-certified solution that's safe and non-toxic for kids and pets along with a low-water, carbonating cleaning process that will give the home a deep-down, longer lasting healthier clean. Unlike typical steam cleaning where water can soak through to the carpet backing and produce mold and mildew, Chem-Dry's process uses 80 percent less water, so carpets dry in a couple of hours rather than a couple of days, avoiding the risk of mold and mildew growth. Chem-Dry offers a deeper, longer lasting, faster drying carpet, area rug and upholstery cleaning experience so families can start the new year off in the most happy and healthy way. For more information, visit Chem-Dry's cleaning tips blog.
Founded in 1977, Chem-Dry is the world's leading carpet and upholstery cleaning service, with a network of over 3,500 units in 39 countries serving over 10,000 homes a day worldwide. Its green-certified solution and proprietary hot carbonating extraction process provide a deeper, faster drying, healthier clean for homes and businesses. Chem-Dry has been ranked the number one carpet cleaning franchise by Entrepreneur magazine for 25 consecutive years and selected by Franchise Direct as one of the top 100 global franchises. For more information or to schedule a cleaning, visit www.chemdry.com. For franchise opportunities, visit http://www.chemdryfranchise